The Neilson Family

The Neilson Family

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's hard to believe 17 months ago I was in a hospital bed about to give birth to our first baby, but yes, it really was that long ago. I had no idea how much my life would change. I knew it would, but I didn't know how much. I tell Garret all the time that I am not the same girl he fell in love with 5 years ago. And bless his heart, he said I am a better version of that young girl with a cute little sidekick. I once read that you choose to love your spouse everyday because they will change all the time. I am grateful for Garret and his unconditional love for me. I know he's not going anywhere! 💘 Paisley will be 17 months at 12:23 tomorrow morning and has turned into such a big girl. 17 months going on 17. She is such a daddy's girl, which, I'll admit, I wouldn't have it any other way. (I have always been a daddy's girl, and love the relationship I have with my father, and I want that for my daughter). I love hearing her call for Daddy as she wakes up, crying when he leaves for work (I think Garret sometimes cries too), and when she gets hurt or mom doesn't give her what she wants, she cries for Daddy. It makes Garret want more daughters. Paisley is at the cutest age. Except for the newborn stage, I think this is my favorite. I love watching her figure out new things, and struggling to pick up all her toys at once, even though sometimes it takes her 10 minutes. She likes all girly things; baby dolls, fixing her hair, and painting her nails. When I get her dressed in the morning, she goes to her bathroom, stands on the toilet and reaches into the basket where I keep her hair things and starts to comb her hair while she says "hair, hairs". I have started to curl her hair. As along as I can keep her distracted, she will sit still. Another thing I adore about her is when I go get her when she wakes up, after she is disappointed it's mom at the door instead of dad, she reaches up for me and asks for her baby, bear, puppy and her me (her word for blanket). And yes, she has to sleep with all of them, and walk around with all of them for a little bit. She also says "pease" when she wants something and laughs after. When she started saying please we laughed because it's so cute. So now, she thinks that's how you say please. When we or she passes gas, she says bubble. She once did it in the bath and it made a bubble, now whenever that happens, she calls it bubble. Even though somedays I count the minutes til bedtime, I look at her pictures and sneak into her room to scare at her sweet face because I miss her. She has such a cute personality, and I am very grateful for a happy and fun girl to keep me company all day. Garret and I have started taking scuba diving classes to get certified. We will have one more instruction class in a swimming pool and then next week and the week after will be an open swim dive in the crater up here in Midway. We are excited to learn something new to both of us and something we can do just the 2 of us. One day we dream of diving in Hawaii or somewhere warm where we can see colorful fish that we see in magazines and movies. We can't wait! Garret has started a new job. He got offered a position with an Hvac (heating,ventalation, and air conditioning). He is also going to school for it and is learning new things everyday. We are exciting for the new skill that he will adding to his ever expanding resume. I am very proud of my sweet husband and the wonderful man and father he is. He is my hero and always will be. Plus a very handsome one too! Always a plus! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment